TO ALL WESTERN COUNTIES REGISTERED CLUBS
This is a request for you all to register on the New Western Counties ABA website and database:
· STAGE 1
o REGISTER NOW and we will give you will automatically receive a unique account number
§ If you log onto the website, using the address above and go to the Red Button on the right hand side “LOG IN” and click on the words below “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT” just below the red button:
· Type in Your User Name – your own name
· Type in your E-mail Address and then…
· Click the Red Button “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT”
§ This action will create your new account and then you will receive, by e-mail, an automatic response containing your UNIQUE REFERENCE NUMBER (URL)
· YOU ARE NOW REGISTERED!
o WHEN YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR UNIQUE ACCOUNT NUMBER …
§ Go back onto the website and look on the top Right hand side and you will see the Red Button “USER LOGIN”
· Enter your User Name
. Enter your password (Unique Account Number) and…
Click the Red Button “LOG IN”
§ PLEASE NOTE THAT NOW, ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE WEBSITE (SCROLL DOWN A LITTLE) you will see…
· A LIST UNDER THE RED BUTTON “COACHES & OFFICIALS”
§ WE NOW WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU DO IN BOXING
· ARE YOU AN OFFICIAL?
· ARE YOU A COACH?
· ARE YOU A CLUB SECRETARY ETC ETC?
· STAGE 3
o LET US KNOW WHAT YOU DO?
§ CLICK ON THE BUTTON (TOP RHS OF THE WEBSITE) MARKED “CONTACT”
· TYPE IN YOUR;
· IN THE “MESSAGE BOX” TYPE ONE OR MANY JOBS YOU PERFORM FROM THE LIST ABOVE (eg club secretary/coach/officials/ club welfare officer) you can hold as many posts as you want!
· THEN CLICK THE RED BOX (SEND E-MAIL)
o This information will then be processed and it will allow coaches to contact other coaches via the website and, likewise officials and other categories of membership
§ The objective is to make the website a communication tool for all in West Country boxing once we are all registered.
· AND FINALLY…
o The website contains a list of all clubs by division together with a key club contact for each club. Unfortunately the majority of clubs have yet to provide photographs/websites etc but I expect to be inundated with information when they see their contribution!
o Below is a quick resume of what the website contains and where to find it.
§ Headings across the top of the Webpage and what they contain.
· ABOUT US – contains contact details for the key personnel in the South West
· FORUM – yet to be activated but you may have a useful question for inclusion
· BOXING CLUBS – can be seen all together or by division
· EVENTS – has the recent squad weekend in Bristol but Helen and I will add information
· NEWS – this will reflect the Blog and provide people with the latest news
FAQ – what are your frequently asked questions?
· DOWNLOADS – useful forms/information from ABAE and Western Counties. I’ve also added another category “OTHER” which may be useful in the future
· LINKS – these are links to other useful organisations; I have much more to do in this area but have a look at GB Boxing No 1 Link; there will be a series of coaching tips from the top on a regular basis
· CONTACT – this is where registered members can send us messages and requests for help
So, don’t delay, register today.
Mobile: 0787 2619 426
ps. We will continue to post news on both the web site and the blog for a further month to give you time to regester and for us to sort out any teething problems, after which we will post a redirection address for you to follow to the web site.
Please remember this web site will only be as good and usefull as the information put into it, it's your region, your web site, so lets make it work for us.